We are currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Heavy Vehicle Mechanic for our de-icing operations at the following locations:
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
Main responsibilities :
- Performing repairs and maintenance on de-icing trucks, service vehicles and other machinery or equipment.
- Executing preventative maintenance programs on the fleet, service vehicles and automobiles; including initial repair cost estimates; further completing all necessary documents and reports as required including purchase orders.
- Inspecting, diagnosing, overhauling, adjusting and repairing gas and diesel-powered trucks, automobiles, and other power equipment.
- Performing general overhaul, installation, repair, replacement and adjustment of bearings, ignitions, carburetors, transmissions, differentials, axles, steering mechanisms, drive shafts, fenders, radiators and front end and rear suspension systems.
- Maintaining a variety of records, including vehicle identification, date, mileage and nature of each inspection, maintenance, lubrication, and repairs performed.
- Performing related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot electrical, electronics and hydraulic systems.
- Experience with Freightliner, Mercedes and/or Volvo type of equipment a plus.
- Familiar or willingness to learn Microsoft software suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Must have a current/valid US driver’s license.
- Be able to pass airport security background check and mandatory drug screen.
- Ability to meet all physical requirements necessary to perform job duties.
Aero Mag provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.