We are currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Operations Manager for our de-icing operations at the following locations:
- Calgary International Airport (YYC)
The Operations Manager is a key person in charge of all operational functions of the de-icing center. This position is a resource for all the employees and assumes all the responsibilities of the station in the absence of the General Manager.
Main responsibilities :
- Ensuring the management of operations related to de-icing, snow removal and maintenance.
- Ensuring enforcement of the corporate policies (code of conduct, attendance policy, uniform policy, etc.).
- Ensuring glycol management (receptions, tests, ratios, inventory, filing stations, recovery and distribution).
- Being responsible for the hiring process of the staff assigned to the de-icing operations (including interviewing, hiring, and training employees).
- Planning, assigning and directing work.
- Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Being responsible for staff performance evaluations and disciplinary measures for the Control Tower employees (CTM), Operation Supervisors and Technicians.
- Following up on the training and qualifications for the CTMs, Operation Supervisors and Technicians in collaboration with the Head Trainer.
- Ensuring that the standards and procedures related to operations, security, environment and maintenance of installations and equipment are up to standard.
- Producing various operational and environmental reports.
- Offering and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Following up on safety policies and standards, including producing declarations of accidents and incidents, as well as on-site investigations if necessary.
- Following up on the ratio board and vehicle repair board.
- Monitoring and following up the diesel reservoir inventory.
- Evaluating the de-icing apron conditions and the snow depot conditions.
- Assigning the Forced-Air operations as required.
- Participating in the revision and preparation of the annual budget with the General Manager.
- Managing resources according to the budgeted hours and operational requirements.
- Managing overtime requests.
- Being responsible for billing forms and updating the ADHOC operations files.
- Writing memos and service notes related to the operations.
- Being part of weekly or monthly meetings with the General Manager, Operation Supervisors, Airline Management Personnel, H&S committee, etc.
- Collaborating in training-theoretical and applied (initial and recurrent), as required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- All certificates, licenses, and registrations required.
- Must have a current/valid Canadian driver's license.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Outlook) is essential.
- Be able to pass airport security background check and mandatory drug screen.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, follow procedures and execute instructions, while holding health and safety in very high regard.
Aero Mag provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.